Oct 1, 2007

WBENC Certification

A great endorsement has just come my way. The Women's Business Enterprise National Council has officially certified Gail Flannigan Associates as a Woman Business Enterprise. This enables increased access to business opportunities for WBEs from companies who wish to work with women entrepreneurs, and who are encouraged to do so by their corporate philosophies.

The process to become a WBE was lengthy and involved extensive forms, strict criteria, and ultimately being interviewed to make sure our 22 year old business was, indeed, owned by myself, a woman entrepreneur. Over the years, the business has changed, evolved and grown to include commercial and hotel-related real estate. The rewards and worries have come with the territory. Also, the thrill of knowing it is through my tenacity that it has continued to thrive, despite economic and personal challenges.

This award is to be shared especially by Terence Rufer, my husband, partner and Executive Vice President. Besides being an implacable support and calming influence, his judgment is spot on, and he has a wealth of experience in the hotel industry, upon which I draw constantly. And then there is my alter-ego who seems always to be one step ahead of me...my extremely talented Executive Assistant and invaluable support person, Sarah Coughlin.

Finally, due to the loyal clients who have followed me through the years, I am able to accept gratefully this acknowledgement by the Women Presidents Educational Organization (WPEO).

Thank you all.

Onward and upward.

No comments: